AoFAQ Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
Paediatric first aid training is required by many working with children. This course is designed for people who have responsibility for children within their work duties. Updated to reflect both the latest medical practice but also the current guidance from EYFS and OFSTED, this course is essential for childminders and those working in early years settings.
Hopefully an emergency will never arise, but if it where to occur the confident application of basic skills in the first few minutes can make a drastic difference.
What do you cover?
The delegates receive instruction in:
- Developing and maintaining an emergency plan;
- Communication with the emergency services;
- How to perform Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on an adult, child or infant;
- First aid for the unconscious casualty;
- First aid for the wounded or bleeding;
- Head injuries;
- Dealing with foreign bodies in the eye, ear and nose;
- Problems caused by extremes of temperature;
- Medical conditions such as Asthma and Meningitis;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Caring for the unwell child;
- Basic record keeping.
All our first aid training, including our paediatric first aid training, is run to our #trainforreal and “first aid training is a contact sport” ethos. You can find out about this on our training simulations page.
Want to know what the training is actually like? We have interviewed people on some of our courses and below you can hear about a Paediatric first aid course we recently ran in Essex.
For more detail or to discuss your training needs call 0800 242 5210 or email: email@example.com