Paediatric first aid training is required by many working with children. This 12 hour course is designed for people who have responsibility for children within their work duties. Updated to reflect both the latest medical practice but also the current guidance from EYFS and OFSTED, this course is essential for childminders and those working in early years settings.
Want to hear what people who have attended the training think? Lazarus Training has started to interview [willing] delegates on our courses to let you know more about how we run our paediatric first aid courses.
Hopefully an emergency will never arise, but if it where to occur the confident application of basic skills in the first few minutes can make a drastic difference.
What do you cover?
The delegates receive instruction in:
- Developing and maintaining an emergency plan;
- Communication with the emergency services;
- How to perform Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation;
- First aid for the unconscious casualty;
- First aid for the wounded or bleeding;
- Head injuries;
- Dealing with foreign bodies in the eye, ear and nose;
- Problems caused by extremes of temperature;
- Medical conditions such as Asthma and Meningitis;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Caring for the unwell child;
- Basic record keeping.
Need your paediatric first aid training to be recognised by the local council?
Lazarus Training’s paediatric first aid training is recognised by Essex County Council and Southend Borough Council.