Paediatric first aid training is required by many working with children. This 12 hour course is designed for people who have responsibility for children within their work duties. Lazarus Training runs paediatric first aid training in Southend on Sea regularly. Updated to reflect both the latest medical practice but also the current guidance from EYFS and OFSTED, this course is essential for those working in early years settings and childminders.
Hopefully an emergency will never arise, but if it where to occur the confident application of basic paediatric first aid skills in the first few minutes can make a drastic difference.
What do you cover?
The delegates receive instruction in:
- Developing and maintaining an emergency plan;
- Communication with the emergency services;
- How to perform Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation;
- First aid for the unconscious casualty;
- First aid for the wounded or bleeding;
- Head injuries;
- Problems caused by extremes of temperature;
- Dealing with foreign bodies in the eye, ear and nose;
- Anaphylactic shock;
- Medical conditions such as Asthma and Meningitis;
- Basic record keeping;
- Caring for the unwell child.
For more detail or to discuss your training needs call 0800 242 5210 or email: email@example.com
Want to hear what people who have attended the training think? Lazarus Training has started to interview [willing] delegates on our courses to let you know more about how we run our paediatric first aid training in Southend.